Candid talk from an ordinary freelance translator.

Nov 30, 2014

Why I Love Working Early


Early morning is the most productive time for me. As a mother of two, my life at the earliest time of day I could manage is the most peaceful. I like a little over 2 hours in the morning to myself with my coffee. When everyone else is still in bed, my head works smoothly.

What I do in the morning;

Mess is stress: I don't usually start work right away. In fact, all I do is switch on my PC and let it run its course while I make a one round walk around the house and pick up used drinking glass from coffee table, kids toy from the floor and do
my little bits to clear the mess left from the night before. Messy room ad work doesn't go together very well unless it's an art project my kids need help with.

Coffee starts the day: I know I'm not the only one that needs a cup of coffee to kick start the day. Without preference or exception, all types of coffee is fine by me.

Checking emails: Some say you shouldn't check emails first thing in the morning, but I think my profession calls for an exception. Email is the very channel my work projects land in, also there's time difference come into play (my clients are now mostly agencies from Rome, UK, USA, India, Vietnam and others, while I'm in Bangkok).

Finally start work: After the above activities, I start work. I try keeping it at 90 minutes work interval with 15 minutes break. This formula keeps me from getting too tired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Look who's here?

Unordered List

Text Widget

Copyright © Translator Talk | Powered by Blogger
Design by Saeed Salam | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com